micrO-flute® Radiused Single Flute Thermoplastic Cutters (MP108) - 1/8 in. (0.125") shank
The "O" flute geometry introduced more than a decade ago is one of the most efficient flute designs for cutting thermoplastics that has yet been invented. With a high rake angle and relatively low helix, O-flute cutters manage to cut acrylic, polycarbonate, ABS, PVC and a host of other sheet polymers at very high chiploads without raising a burr or fracturing the edges of the kerf. All of this while leaving a remarkably clean surface finish. The real surprise is that this revolutionary geometry also works incredibly well in wood and aluminum. One of the recurring complaints about O-flute tools, is that the high chipload results in "swirl marks" in the bottoms of pockets. For most applications, this is not a problem but, in the case of side-lit transparent acrylic panels, these artifacts can severely impact the quality of the engraved image. Our radiused micrO-flute tools virtually eliminate these cutting marks, yielding a smooth, near specular bottom finish.
- Geometry - radiused micrO-flute®, 1-flute, up-cut, center cutting
- Length - 1.5 in. ±0.010 in.
- Diameter -
- Flute tip radius -
Diameter X 0.18
- Shank dia. - 0.1250 in. (3.18 mm) +0.00, -0.0002 in.
- Max. runout (TIR) - < 0.0005 in.
- Max. depth of cut - EFL varies by diameter ±0.005 in.
- Material - solid submicrograin carbide
- Ring Set - 0.800 in. ±0.002 in. (optional)
- Operating RPM - CNC certified operation 20k RPM to 100k RPM