3-flute Carbide Fret Cutters - 1/8 in. (0.125 in. shank)
UltraBIT fret cutters were designed specifically for cross-grain cutting in ebony and dry rosewood. They are used for cutting the fret slots (kerfs) in fingerboards and for executing the clean-up pass when cutting inlay pockets. The enhanced rigidity of the three flute design insures minimum point deflection (wander) under high feed rates.
- Geometry - 3 flute, 1/8 in. shank, fish tail point
- Length - 1.5 in. ±0.010 in.
- Diameter - nominal ±0.0005 in.
- Max runout (TIR) - < 0.0005 in.
- Max. depth of cut - nominal ±0.005 in.
- Anticipated Life - 3,000 linear inches (cross-grain ebony, CNC milling)
- Material - solid submicrograin carbide
- Ring Set - 0.800 in. ±0.002 in. (optional)
- Operating RPM - CNC certified operation 20k RPM to 100k RPM
- Feeds/speeds - to determine the optimum Feed/Speed combinations,
run our Sweet-spot Test.