O-flute Single Flute Thermoplastic Cutters (MP104) - 1/4 in. (0.2500") shank
The "O" flute geometry introduced more than a decade ago is one of the most efficient flute designs for cutting thermoplastics that has yet been invented. With a high rake angle and relatively low helix, O-flute cutters manage to cut acrylic, polycarbonate, ABS, PVC and a host of other sheet polymers at very high chiploads without raising a burr or fracturing the edges of the kerf. All of this while leaving a remarkably clean surface finish. The real surprise is that this revolutionary geometry also works incredibly well in wood and aluminum.
- Geometry - O-flute®, 1-flute, up-cut, center cutting
- Length - 2.5 in. ±0.010 in.
- Diameter -
- Shank dia. - 0.2500 in. (6.35 mm) +0.00, -0.0005 in.
- Max. depth of cut - EFL varies by diameter ±0.005 in.
- Material - solid submicrograin carbide
- Ring Set - variable, depends on application (optional)
- Operating RPM - CNC certified operation 3k RPM to 40k RPM