micrO-flute® Single Flute Thermoplastic Cutters (MP103, MP108) - 3mm & 1/8 in. (0.125") shanks
The "O" flute geometry introduced more than a decade ago is one of the most efficient flute designs for cutting thermoplastics that has yet been invented. With a high rake angle and relatively low helix, O-flute cutters manage to cut acrylic, polycarbonate, ABS, PVC and a host of other sheet polymers at very high chiploads without raising a burr or fracturing the edges of the kerf. All of this while leaving a remarkably clean surface finish. The real surprise is that this revolutionary geometry also works incredibly well in wood and aluminum. As micro-manufacturing has exploded across widely diverse market segments, there has been an increasing demand for O-flute cutters with smaller diameters, especially cutters in the micro range below 1/16 in.. All that was needed was to determine the scaling factors that would allow O-flute microtools to be economically fabricated while maintaining the rigidity to ensure low bit deflection and excellent edge quality under high chiploads. So, after more than enough false starts, here are the first of the a new generation of up-cut micrO-flute® end-mills.
- Geometry - micrO-flute®, 1-flute, up-cut, center cutting
- Length - 1.5 in. ±0.010 in.
- Diameter -
- Shank dia. -
- 0.1250 in. (3.18 mm) +0.00, -0.0002 in.
- 3.00 mm +0.00 -0.005 mm
- Max. runout (TIR) - < 0.0005 in.
- Max. depth of cut - EFL varies by diameter ±0.005 in.
- Material - solid submicrograin carbide
- Ring Set - 0.800 in. ±0.002 in. (optional)
- Operating RPM - CNC certified operation 20k RPM to 100k RPM