- Geometry - 2
flute, 1/8 in. (3.18 mm) shank, spiral "V" point
- Tip diameter - 0.0150 in. ±0.0002 in.
- Length - 1.50 in. ±0.010 in.
- Tip angle - nominal
- Shank dia. - 0.1250 in. (3.18 mm) +0.00,
(TIR) - 0.0002 in. max
- Max. Depth of Cut ( DOC) - varies by tip angle
- Anticipated Life - 6,000
linear inches (Micarta®,
- Material - solid
- Ring Set - 0.800 in. ± 0.002 in.
RPM - CNC certified operation 40k RPM to 100k RPM
- Cuts Micarta® at 100
in./min. @ 40,000 RPM
- Cutting edge geometry virtually top edge lifting
- True spiral geometry insures efficient debris removal
- 30°, 45°, 60° & 90° tips optimized for
chamfering and through-cutting glass-phenolic and paper-phenolic
counter board substrates
- Counter board channel chamfering
- Counter board separation (depanelization)
- Engraving plaques, awards, medallions, and
Application Data (tool description for CAM software)
- Tool Type:Engraving (or Flat-tip Engraving)
- Diameter (D) = 0.1250 in.
- Side Angle (A, half or draft-angle)
- 30V: A = 15°
- 45V: A = 22.5°
- 60V: A = 30°
- 90V: A = 45°
- Stepdown = Depth per Pass, Pass Depth:
- Plastic - 0.015 in. (0.38mm)
- G-10 / FR-4 - 0.010 in. (0.25mm)
- Aluminum - 0.005 in. (0.13mm)
- Hardwood - 0.020 in. (0.51mm)
- Softwood - 0.030 in. (0.76mm)
- MDF - 0.020 in. (0.51mm)
- Flat Diameter (F)
- 30°: F = 0.015 in.
- 45°: F = 0.015 in.
- 60°: F = 0.015 in.
- 90°: F = 0.015 in.
- Depth of Cut (DOC):
- 30° - 0.200 in. (5.1mm)
- 45° - 0.145 in. (3.7mm)
- 60° - 0.095 in. (2.4mm)
- 90° - 0.055 in. (1.4mm)
- Stepover (for final cleanup pass) = 0.005 in. (0.13mm)
- Stepover (for roughing, clearance pass) = 0.010 in. (0.25mm)
- Spindle RPM (SPEED) = 5 KRPM to 60 KRPM
- Feedrate (IPM) = Depends on the material being cut. Do the
Sweetspot Test before setting this parameter
- Plunge rate = 10 IPM to 25 IPM (again depending on material
60° tip Chamfering / Cut-out