- Geometry - 2-flute,
4-flute, "V" point
- Tip diameter - 0.0050 in. ±0.0002 in.
- Length - indicated ±0.010 in.
(30° 1.50 in. ±0.010 in.)
- Tip angle - nominal
- Shank dia. - 0.1250 in. (3.18 mm) +0.00,
- Max runout (TIR) - < 0.0005 in.
- Max. depth of cut - EFL varies by tip angle
- Anticipated Life - 6,000
linear inches (fiberglass, CNC milling)
- Material - solid
- Ring Set - 0.800 in. ± 0.002 in.
RPM - CNC certified operation 20k RPM to 100k RPM
- spiral geometry insures efficient debris removal
- Cutting edge geometry virtually eliminates
chatter at high feed rates
- 60° & 90° tips optimized for engraving
non-ferrous metals, hardwoods, phenolics, stabilized woods and composite minerals.
- Proprietary ZrN coating extends
bit life and improves cut quality
- Print circuit trace isolation
- Engraving plaques, awards, medallions, and
- Custom jewelry fabrication and marking
- What is a "Depth Ring"?
- 30° V-tip designed for scrimshaw engraving in
ivory, horn, phenolics, and all hardwoods. Not
metal engraving, or PCB trace isolation
- LPKF and T-Tech users must specify the make and model number of their CNC routers to insure that the rings are properly positioned!
Application Data (tool description for CAM software)
- Tool Type: V-Bit
- Diameter (D) = 0.1250 in.
- Included Angle (A, total angle)
- Stepdown = Depth per Pass, Pass Depth:
- Plastic - 0.015 in. (0.38mm)
- G-10 / FR-4 - 0.010 in. (0.25mm)
- Aluminum - 0.005 in. (0.13mm)
- Hardwood - 0.020 in. (0.51mm)
- Softwood - 0.030 in. (0.76mm)
- MDF - 0.020 in. (0.51mm)
- Depth of Cut (DOC):
- 30° - 0.177 in. (4.48mm)
- 45° - 0.075 in. (1.92mm)
- 60° - 0.054 in. (1.38mm)
- 90° - 0.031 in. (0.8mm)
- Stepover (for final cleanup pass) = 0.002 in. (0.13mm)
- Stepover (for roughing, clearance pass) = 0.005 in. (0.25mm)
- Spindle RPM (SPEED) = 5 KRPM to 60 KRPM
- Feedrate (IPM) = Depends on the material being cut. Do the
Sweetspot Test before setting this parameter
- Plunge rate = 5 IPM to 25 IPM (again depending on material